Tuesday, September 14, 2010

And that's a wrap.

This weekend I found two foodie blogs I likehttp://www.5dollardinners.com/ & http://feastonthecheap.net/ .  I'm all about new recipes & live on a budget like most of you, but, neither Roy nor the girls are picky eaters, so I get to experiment a lot.  A long time favorite ishttp://foodwishes.blogspot.com/ .  Since I cook a lot, have access to a farmer's market & wide variety of cuisines at the grocery store I like to try a new recipe or two every week.  Last week I made a Green Coconut Curry, Pork & Pepper Kakbobs & Pho.  It doesn't always happen - Sunday night was grilled cheese & tomato soup with fancy ingredients like Campbells soup &  Kraft Singles on white bread.
Right now I'm trying to decipher cell phone plans & providers for our family.  There are "night & weekend minutes" here  & texting rates are MENTAL if you go over your plan.   Roy & I use our phones differently from Ceilildh & Sarah so a "one size fits all" plan really doesn't. It's so confusing.  My last conversation with Telus may have triggered a brain bleed.  To top it off, Verizon has changed their cancellation policy & wants to penalize us for breaking our contracts back in VA, despite the fact we were told a year ago that wouldn't be the case. There's lots of aggravating details & angry phone calls in which I may or may not have developed "Temporary Telephone  Customer Service Tourette's", but I'll spare you the details.
This week I will work on my resume.  I've been off all summer to get us settled & I have loved it.  However, all good things must come to an end & it's time to get back to work.  I haven't put together a resume or gone on a job interview for a loooooong time.  Not gonna lie, not looking forward to it.  Ceilidh starts college in what feels like 15 minutes & our recent home sale wiped out our retirement.  Yes, I said home "sale", not "purchase".  Stupid housing market.  When we said "Okay God, we'll start over in our 40's",  He took us at our word & we are really starting over.
I'm reading cooking blogs.  See above.
Favorite Tweet:  @JimGaffigan Protesting the building of mosques and a Burn-a-Quran Day? Gee, anything else we can do to prove to Al-Qaeda we ARE infidels?
Favorite Movie/TV/Music of the week: I love the new Stephen King series Haven.  It's not Masterpiece Theatre or The MacNeil/Lehrer Report,but for my money, it's a great way to waste an hour. I realize that's not really a favorite moment, but a fun show.  Really, you need crackers & a glass of wine to go with all the cheese, but I love it.

5 comments:

  1. Good luck with the job hunt, Tracey. I hope you find something that is a good fit for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this food blog by my friend Kathleen. http://foodiddy.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't really dig cooking :(

    Good luck with the job hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A belated thank you for including us in your round-up - we're honored!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You haven't blogged in a long while ... I hope everything is okay.

    ReplyDelete